This Getting Started Checklist is an all-inclusive guide for Individual Players using Catapult One.
Download the App and Create your Account
- Download the Catapult One app and create a new account. Select Individual underneath New Members Get Started Here, and enter your email address. Select Continue.
- You should receive an email with a link allowing you to sign in. You can then choose your password and register.
- Then enter your personal details followed by selecting your position (selecting your position allows Catapult One to give you accurate targets based on your position).
- Ensure that all Bluetooth and location settings are enabled for the Catapult One app.
- Charge your pod fully using the clip provided. Once fully charged (middle light solid green), remove the pod from the clip and turn it on via a button press.
- Once the pod is on, go to Devices and select Pair Device - please ensure the pod is in close range to the phone.
The app will confirm once your pod has been successfully paired.
Set up your Calendar
- Set up your calendar from Sessions and select + Add Schedule.
- Here you can identify your Match and Training days. In the calendar, days selected for your matches will display a circle icon, and for your training days, a triangle icon.
Record a Session
Turn your pod on via a button press.
- Correct pod placement is important for accurate data - please make sure your pod sits in the vest with the lights facing outwards and the logo at the top. See also Wearing and Removing Vector Garment and How to Put Catapult One Devices into the Garment.
- When using your pod for the first time, please make sure this is turned on and left outside for at least 15 minutes before starting your session to ensure GPS connection. You will know when your pod has connected to GPS as all three lights will flash green.
- After the 15 minutes is up (only for the pods first use), you will be ready to start your session!
We also advise your training and games to take place in an open environment and to avoid built-up areas to allow for the best possible GPS connectivity throughout your session.
Sync a Session
- Turn your pod off to signify the end of a session. Then turn the pod on to start the sync.
- Open your app and select Devices at the bottom of the screen.
- Ensure your pod is in close range of your phone and select Sync Session.
Set Up Your Session
The app will confirm a successful sync, meaning you are now ready to set up your session!
There should be an Uncategorized Session here, if you select + Add Details, you will have the option of editing or deleting this session. Select Edit to proceed with selecting the Type of your session (Match or Training), the start time and duration, setting the pitch position, and confirming your schedule in the calendar.
- To view the session data go to Home.
- Select Details to see more in-depth data from your session.
Here, you will be able to view specific metrics as a graphic like Top Speed, Distance, Power, and Sprint Distance. You will also have access to sports science advice based on your training schedule and position.